Breakfast tacos are an integral part of a Texans cuisine. You can find them in coffee shops, food trailers, and likely your local grocery stores. This is a vegan breakfast taco recipe that combines the hippie culture of Austin with the cilantro/lime-y taste of Tex Mex.
4 Trader Joe's Corn Wheat Tortillas (Trader Joe's)
1/2 Cup of Black Beans
1/2 Large Haas Avocado
2 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
2 Tbsp. of Casa Sanchez Hot Salsa (Safeway)
1/4 Purple Onion
Why Trader Joe's Corn Wheat Tortillas?
They're chewy and have flavor. A lot of the times, tortillas don't have any flavor.
Why Casa Sanchez Salsa?
It's fresh and made with fresh ingredients & it's actually spicy.
You can also get Casa Sanchez chips and do nachos!
- Heat up tortillas on a pan on medium heat until soft on both sides. Don't let them get hard- it will taste horrible.
- Chop avocado into 4 slices and add 1 to each taco.
- Add 1/8 cup of black beans, 1/4 chopped tomato, and 1/2 tablespoon of salsa to each taco.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and chopped onion.
- Squeeze some lime juice on top of the taco for a tangy taste.