When I tell people about this ice cream, they give me the same look as when I say I like pineapples and jalapeños on my pizza. Trust me- this ice cream is bomb.
I first came across this flavor at Lick Ice Creams in Austin, TX. I, too, was grossed out initially, but I’m a gal that likes unique ice cream flavors- I’m no plain vanilla. Anyways, from 1,700 miles away, I set out to make it.
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup LOCAL honey - none of that squeeze bear honey
- Goat Cheese Log
- 1 cup Whole Milk
Stuff you need
- Add 1 cup of beer and 1 cup of milk to a pot & bring to a simmer.
- Whisk 4 egg yolks in a bowl and add to a separate pot on low heat.
- Slowly add beer/milk mixture to yolk mixture. Don't add too quickly or you'll have beer scrambled eggs.
- Monitor and stir mixture. Bring to a temperature of 175 F.
- Remove from heat.
- Set in fridge until mixture is cool.
- Add to ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes. I use this ice cream maker.
- Set in freezer for 3 hours.
I don’t know why I add this last step in. It’s not like I wait.