Ooh, girl, it's something gluten-free that doesn't taste like poo. If you've tried gluten free pastries, they taste yucky.
Let's be honest: when a package has "gluten-free" written on it, it makes me want to walk in the other direction. When I finally find a gluten-free product that isn't super high in sodium & sugar, I'm ecstatic. My Celiac friends can enjoy the pleasure of gooey, bready food!
Venice Bakery's Seasoned pizza crust is has a buttery deliciousness to it - even though it's vegan. They sell it at Sprouts Farmer's Market.
Okay, obviously it's not going to taste like regular pizza dough. It tastes more like a buttery, chewy flat bread- regardless, it's quite yummy. I APPROVE.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 fresh Mozzarella glob (what do they call these- anyways, make sure it's fresh)
- Venice Bakery Gluten Free Seasoned 8" Pizza Crust (comes in packs of 2)
- 3/4 Cup of Fresh Basil (unpacked)
- 2 tsp Garlic paste (you can make this at home)
- Tomato sauce
- Handful of spinach
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Black pepper
- Heat up oven to 425
- Spread a 1 tsp of garlic paste on each pizza crust.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on each pizza crust.
- Break up mozzarella ball and sprinkle on pizza to your liking.
- Add 1 tsp of sundried tomato to each pizza.
- Sprinkle a few pieces of basil on each pizza. (dark green in the picture)
- Add a pinch of black pepper on top of each pizza.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Top with the rest of your fresh basil.