Chocolatesgiving: What chocolate should I buy?
Chocolate serves many purposes: it can be eaten to ward off cravings of more decadent desserts, can be given as a gift, or can be paired with foods. Out of the terrible food faux pas that can happen in life, choosing a bad bar of chocolate is at the top of the list. I've made a post on Winesgiving to save you from wine embarrassment, now it's time for a chocolatesgiving... just in time for the Valentine's.
Here are some chocolates you can find at Whole Foods & what they're good for. Also, I've included links to the chocolate on Amazon so you know what they look like - also Amazon is a great spot to buy chocolate if you want a 40 pack. In retrospect, I would have saved a lot of money just buying my favorite chocolate in bulk. Also, I would have gained quite a bit of weight. So... happy chocolate hunting.
For regular old chocolate eaters:
- Pascha Organic Dark Chocolate 70%: This one is a bit bitter & not super smooth for me, but the price is right.
- TCHO Dark Chocolate 70%: This is fudgy and well-blanced, but too sweet for my taste
- FAVE: Chocolove XOXO 77%: This is a very smooth, fudgy, simple chocolate bar that is inexpensive.
- TCHO Milk Chocolate Cacao 53%: If you're not a dark chocolate person, this is a solid milk chocolate choice.
- Endangered Species Dark Chocolate 72%: This is a chocolate bar for a good cause.
If you like chocolate with other things in it. Here are some brands to try:
- FAVE: Ritter Sport: there ain't nothing wrong with a Ritter Sport with Corn Flakes. I don't judge.
- 365 Organic Dark Chocolate with (insert flavor): This can be a bit chalky because of the other ingredients, but the flavor is bomb.
- TCHO: TCHO quality, but with added things. Get the Hazelnut Chunk. The salted ones are a bit too salty for me.
- Chuao: It was pretty good. Crunchy, on the sweeter side, fun. Get the Strawberry Waffle Wild.
- Chocolove XOXO: The chocolate is smooth & they have some unique flavors.
If you're a baller and want to enjoy some chocolate with scotch:
Preface... these are all excellent bars of chocolate.
- Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate Belize: Very smooth with a citrus-y taste.
- FAVE: Dick Taylor Madagascar: This one is my favorite. Doesn't have the cirtrus-y element of the Belize
- Dick Taylor Black Fig: At first, this one freaked me out because I thought I had just chewed on a chocolate bug, but it's cool- it's just delicious figs.
I know what you're thinking: I've eaten a lot of chocolate or I'm a liar. The former is true... sadly. What are your favorite Whole Foods chocolates? Let me know!