Homemade Spicy Garlic Holiday Hummus
2 Cans of Chickpeas
3 Cloves of Garlic
3 Tablespoons of Sesame
5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1. Grind sesame seeds and garlic into paste.
2. Add sesame seed paste, garlic paste, chickpeas, lime juice, and olive oil in grinder. Or some sort of mixer- even a blender works- but be careful not to liquefy. Make sure you rm over any water from the chick pea cans.
3. Mix until creamy. (Add olive oil if it's too brittle)
4. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to skillet and bring up to medium heat.
5. Carefully add chili powder to oil and fry until powder turns a brownish hue (should take maybe 30 seconds).
6. Top chickpea mixture with chili mixture and mix roughly.
Mix with more olive oil if mixture is brittle.
Add chili powder for additional spice.
Add lime for more tang.
Serve with carrot sticks or pita.
If you like it very garlic-y (like me) add more cloves of garlic.
Butter pita and heat in pan with a pinch of olive oil.
My favorite inexpensive blender which functions as a food processor is the Bella Rocket Blender. It comes with two blades - one for grinding and one for mixing.