I was always impressed when boba shops made their own almond jelly. Let me tell you a little secret... it's not that hard. In this recipe, I use agar agar instead of gelatin because it's vegan and has a firmer texture than gelatin. Something about having animal products in my desserts irks me a bit.
- Add milk, water, almond extract, sugar, and agar agar to a pot.
- Bring mixture to a boil, whisking frequently.
- When it starts to boil, remove it from stove and pour it into a glass container.
- Let it reach room temperature & then stick in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Take care to chop it into nice little cubes & you're ready to put it in boba tea, thai tea, or a fruit salad.