Jasmine Boba Milk Tea Recipe
I've always struggled getting the right consistency of boba and with Coco Swirl just a few minutes away- why would I bother? Probably because of the $3.50 it saves me each time.
Let me warn you- making your own boba is quite a dangerous feat. It'll allow you to consume copious amounts of bubble tea whenever you want. Most people cannot properly manage their boba intake (me). With great power comes great responsibility.
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 1 Cup of Boba (see review)
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Jasmine Tea (don't skimp on the quality of this -else it will taste bad)
- 4 Tbsp honey (don't do the Honey Bear - try to get something a little more quality)
- 6 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Additional brown sugar and honey for sweetness
- Add 3 cups of water, 4 tbsp of honey, 6 tbsp of brown sugar to a saucepan.
- Bring sugar mixture to a boil.
- Add boba and keep on rolling boil for 40 minutes.
- Let boba sit for 20 minutes with the stove off.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Turn off stove and let the water sit for 1 minute
- Add 2 tbsp of Jasmine Tea and let steep for 8 minutes - covered.
- Transfer tea to glass container and store in fridge to cool.
- Add 1 Cup of Jasmine Tea to a cup
- Add 1/2 Cup of Ice to cool down tea (if not already cool)
- Add 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk to 1 Cup of Jasmine Tea
- Add desired amount of boba.
- Add boba syrup mixture and/or brown sugar/honey to sweeten.
If you have extra boba leftover and you insist on saving it in the fridge, on the next day heat it up in the microwave for 25 seconds before adding it to your drink. Boba doesn't last much longer than a day. Since I'm a snobby foodie and a boba glutton, boba doesn't make it past day 1.
I adapted the Boba Guys recipe because I knew that a 12 minute boil wouldn't do it but I did it with caution because when I had Boba Guys' Jasmine Milk Tea- I was quite displeased with the taste of the tea... The boba was good though - so was their milk tea.
Update: I really enjoy Boba Guys Milk tea now. I tried them first when they were a pop up & I wasn't a huge fan, but now that they have Tea People tea, it's bomb. I usually get a Jasmine Milk Tea, no ice, 25% sweet, with boba.
Also, since you are a boba fiend, check out these posts: