I ate two boxes of GimMe seaweed in one sitting, so I only had one box to make my mini seaweed wraps. That's when you know they're good.
When I tried another brand of seaweed right after demolishing the first two boxes, the other brand tasted like paper. So... I promptly tossed the other brand and made these mini seaweed wraps with my remaining box.
These mini seaweed wraps make you feel like a healthy snacker. They're a legitimately tasty alternative to chips. The ingredients are pretty good (seaweed and a bunch of seasonings). Also, they're not high in sodium, which is super refreshing (a lot of these packaged snacks tend to be VERY salty). I would definitely buy GimMe Seaweed again.
- GimMe Organic Sriracha Seaweed
- 1 cup of Sushi rice- this one is my ABSOLUTE favorite
- Sesame oil
- Tofu cutlet - these are SO yummy and have a great texture & retain a lot of flavor
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce - this one tastes best
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
What to Do
- Cook your rice over the stove (1 cup rice & 2 cups water)... or if you're feeling fancy do it per these sushi rice instructions.
- Chop up your tofu cutlet into small cubes and stir fry with sesame oil over medium heat. (until they're slightly browned on the sides)
- Wait until everything cools to room temperature.
- To make the sauce: mince garlic and mix with apple cider vinegar and soy sauce.
- To make the wrap: Hold the seaweed in the palm of your hand and add 1 tbsp. of sushi rice & 1-2 pieces of cubed tofu.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and wrap. It takes a bit of dexterity, but it's not too tough.
- The moisture of the rice should be enough to seal the mini roll.
- Enjoy immediately with sauce.