It's the little things that should make you happy this Valentine's Day. Here is my Valentine's Day card to you.
When you should feel loved:
- When someone knows your Chipotle order by heart
- When someone drives you to Indian food before the airport because they know that Dallas Indian food > Austin Indian food.
- When your friend buys you a cupcake after a fight, and suddenly you forget what you're mad about.
- When your friend gets your boba order slightly wrong, but you pretend it's correct because you're so touched by the thought.
- When you have a friend that is always down to get a certain type of food: pad thai, Ming's fried rice, McDonald's French fries (gasp- unhealthy- I know)
- When you get midnight calls for your birthday- even though you could barely stay up til midnight this year.
- When you receive a letter in the mail from an old friend. Do you know how many packages I have been meaning to send out but never did? It is SO hard to mail things out.
- When your friends are okay with trying the weird things you do - even though it really stresses them out: spontaneous trips to Yosemite, heated power yoga, bubble tea
- When your friend goes on jogs with you even though you're a painfully slow runner. Like awful. Thank you for caring about my health.
- When your friend tolerates your bitchiness because she knows you're hangry. Then you get kebabs and you're fine after.
- When your friend re-watches all of Star Wars with you because she feels like you need to be inducted into normal human society.
- When your friend offers to share their boba with you when you dropped yours.
And I leave you with a caring thought and a Hallmark message:
I would transport Boba Guys boba over the Bay Bridge and through the Caldecott Tunnel via Bart for you. I would also endure the weird stares and snide comments, "Wow you're determined."
On that very romantic thought: Happy Valentine's Day.