Every year on Valentine’s Day, I think about the little things that make me feel love in my life. It’s never the fancy dinners or the romantic dates- it’s always the little things. So Happy Valentines- you are loved.
PS here’s a cookie emoji I baked for you 🍪.
Here’s the Hallmark greetings that would be written in my Valentine’s cards:
- When you text your friend that you’re feeling sad and she calls you in the next 2 seconds... and tells you you’re beautiful - even though that’s not even the root cause of the problem.
- When a friend is ready to joke about a terrible situation RIGHT after it happens
- When a friend is okay with telling you an embarrassing story to cheer you up. Like REALLY embarrassing
- When you’re in a group getting fro yo and your friends want to try all the flavors, but they let you get the one you want - even though it is redundant
- When a friend cleans your dishes after you’ve cooked
- When a friend worries about a problem for you. You feel terrible that they do this, but it is really sweet of them.
- When a friend calls just to check in - with NO agenda - who does that any more?
- When you stay at a friend’s place and she checks in on you 15 times to make sure you’re warm
- When a friend tells you that you need more sleep and stops texting you at night
- When a good friend has the gall to call you out on your BS
- When a friend holds to a commitment that you’re SURE they’re going to flake on
- When you get off the plan in Austin and your friend knows the first thing you want to do is get boba
- When someone knows your Chipotle order by heart
- When someone drives you to Indian food before the airport because they know that Dallas Indian food > Austin Indian food.
- When your friend buys you a cupcake after a fight, and suddenly you forget what you're mad about.
- When your friend gets your boba order slightly wrong, but you pretend it's correct because you're so touched by the thought.
- When you have a friend that is always down to get a certain type of food: pad thai, Ming's fried rice, McDonald's French fries
- When you get midnight calls for your birthday- even though you could barely stay up til midnight this year
- When you receive a thoughtfully written letter and a book from an old friend. Do you know how many packages I have been meaning to send out but never did? It is SO hard to mail things out.
- When your friends are okay with trying the weird things you do - even though it really stresses them out: spontaneous trips to Yosemite, heated power yoga, bubble tea
- When your friend goes on jogs with you even though you're a painfully slow runner. Like awful. Thank you for caring about my health.
- When your friend tolerates your bitchiness because she knows you're hangry. Then you get kebabs and you're fine after.
- When your friend re-watches all of Star Wars with you because she feels like you need to be inducted into normal human society.
- When your friend offers to share their boba with you when you dropped yours.
And I leave you with a caring thought and a Hallmark message:
I would transport Boba Guys boba over the Bay Bridge and through the Caldecott Tunnel via Bart for you. I would also endure the weird stares and snide comments, "Wow you're determined."
On that very romantic thought: Happy Valentine's Day.