I've been on the lookout for a backpack that is functional for school, supportive, but also cute. Purse backpacks fail the comfort test, technical packs fail the cuteness test. The 18L REI Ruckack passes with a few practicality exceptions.
When I first laid eyes on the pack, I was amazed by its design and color. It's minimal, a little technical, but VERY cute. The tan color is absolutely gorgeous.
What I like:
- The color
- The way it opens. It has a top opening that doesn't look like a traditional backpack.
- The straps are very comfortable
- The design is streamlined
- It fits a laptop, a change of clothes, a small lunch, and a wallet with room to spare.
- The side pocket has a compartment for your glasses.
What I don't like
- The key holder is in the top lid of the pack, so when you're digging in the zipper pocket for your key, all the other stuff in there may fall out.
- The side pocket is not easily accessible when you have everything buckled up. Basically, this pack is not super duper practical, but it SUPER cute.
I bought the pack recently and have tried other similar packs, but the design has unparalleled by other technical brands.
Would I recommend? Yes. Apart from the minor annoyances, I LOVE this pack.