I'm a huge fan of chilled Asian salads with noodles, and I love the tangy, sweet flavors of Pad Thai. Despite the fact there are no leafy greens in this dish, here is an easy recipe for a Vegan Pad Thai salad.
1 package Thai rice noodles
5 Green Onions
1 Red Bell Pepper
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Cup Peanuts
2 cups Cilantro
1 Red Onion
6 Portabella Mushrooms
- Soak noodles in warm water. Set aside.
- Chop up mushrooms and red onions. Sauté in pan with sesame oil. Set aside.
- Chop up carrots, green onions, and cilantro.
- Grind peanuts in grinder.
- Soy Sauce Dressing: Mix 3 tables spoons of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tbsp sea salt, and 1 cup of water.
- Strain noodles and re-soak in warm water for 10 minutes (optional).
- Drain noodles and add to wok.
- Add 4 tbsp of soy sauce mixture to wok and 3 tsp of sesame oil. Fry noodles for 5 mins.
- Place noodles in bowl, top with sautéed vegetables, carrots, red bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, and peanuts.
- Squeeze lime. Add Sriracha and soy sauce dressing as needed.
- Stir-fry noodles with 1 tbsp. soy sauce for 4 minutes.
- Top noodles with sautéed vegetables, carrots, green onions, cilantro, and peanuts.
- Add Sriracha, lime, and soy sauce dressing as needed.